Rameau: Symphonies from Naïs, RCT 49
Expected to ship in about a week.
- Composer: Jean-Philippe Rameau
- Format: Full Score
- Instrumentation (this edition): Orchestra
- Originally for: Opera
- Work: Naïs, RCT 49
- ISMN: 9790006558278
- Size: 9.6 x 13.0 inches
- Pages: 85
- Urtext / Critical Edition
The opera Naïs received its premiere at the Académie Royale in the Palais-Royal, Paris, on 22 April 22 1749 to celebrate the signing of the Treaty of Aix-la-Chapelle. It was revived in August 1764, shortly before Rameau's death and achieved great success as a 'peace opera'. This scholarly-critical edition, published by Pascal Denécheau in the "Opera Omnia Rameau", is the fruit of a meticulous comparison of every known musical source. The main body of the edition presents the version pronounced valid by Rameau for the 1749 performances. The appendices contain those passages that he deleted during the 1749 rehearsals and all the changes he made for the new production of 1764. It is here, and especially in the ballets, that Rameau reveals his consummate mastery of the orchestra.
- Instrumental numbers in order of performance, but also grouped by key in the list of contents, enabling them to be combined freely into orchestral suites
- Based on the first scholarly-critical edition, published as part of "Opera Omnia Rameau"
- Subdivisions and bar numbers of the OOR volume retained to facilitate work with the full score and Critical Commentary
- Published with performance material on hire
Frequently Asked Questions
How Quickly Will You Ship?
Most items are in stock and ship immediately. However, please look below the "Add to Cart" button for more specific information.
How Much is Shipping?
Our standard shipping is $4.99 and shipped by USPS First Class Mail. We also offer a 2-day option for $13.99 with FedEx/UPS.