In stock and typically ships within 1 business day.
- Composer: Zdeněk Fibich
- Editor: Barbora Kubečková
- Instrumentation: Piano, Voice
- Work Language: German
- ISMN: 9790260108653
- Size: 9.1 x 11.8 inches
- Pages: 38
- Urtext / Critical Edition
The Czech composer Zdenek Fibich (1850–1900) had a keen interest in classical German literature. It therefore comes as no surprise that he had already set songs to texts by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe while still a student at the Leipzig Conservatory.
Between 1865 and 1871 he composed 16 songs on texts by this famous German author for voice and piano. Ten of them have survived: the song "An den Mond", dating from 1869, and nine further songs from Goethe's novel "Wilhelm Meisters Lehrjahre" were composed immediately after Fibich's return to Prague in 1871.
- An den Mond, Hud. 116
- Lied der Mignon (Heiß mich nicht reden), Hud. 134, No. 1
- Lied des Mignon (So laßt mich scheinen), Hud. 134, No. 2
- Kennst du das Land, Hud. 134, No. 3
- Lied der Mignon (Nur wer die Sehnsucht kennt), Hud. 134, No. 4
- Lied des Harfners (An die Türen will ich schleichen), Hud. 134, No. 5
- Lied des Harfners (Wer nie sein Brot mit Tränen aß), Hud. 134, No. 6
- Philinens Lied, Hud. 134, No. 7
- Des Harfners Lied (Wer sich der Einsamkeit ergibt), Hud. 134, No. 8
- Des Harfners Ballade (Was hör' ich draußen von dem Tor), Hud. 134, No. 9
Frequently Asked Questions
How Quickly Will You Ship?
Most items are in stock and ship immediately. However, please look below the "Add to Cart" button for more specific information.
How Much is Shipping?
Our standard shipping is $4.99 and shipped by USPS First Class Mail. We also offer a 2-day option for $13.99 with FedEx/UPS.