Beethoven: Cadenzas to the Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 61
In stock and typically ships within 1 business day.
- Composers: Camille Saint-Saëns, Ferdinand David, Eugène Ysaÿe, Henri Vieuxtemps, Ludwig van Beethoven, Ferdinand Laub, Bernhard Molique, Joseph Joachim, Henryk Wieniawski, Jakob Dont, Louis (Ludwig) Spohr, Leopold Auer
- Editor: Martin Wulfhorst
- Arranger: Ottokar Nováček
- Format: Cadenzas
- Instrumentation (this edition): Violin
- Originally for: Violin, Orchestra
- Work: Beethoven: Violin Concerto in D Major, Op. 61
- ISMN: 9790006538607
- Size: 9.6 x 12.2 inches
- Pages: 59
- Urtext / Critical Edition
Beethoven himself left no cadenzas for his Violin Concerto. This edition is unique in drawing together for the first time a selection of cadenzas to one of the most famous works in the history of music, written by composers and violinists over 150 years. This publication contains not only the well-known cadenzas by Leopold Auer and Joseph Joachim, but also several which are seldom performed, such as those by Ferdinand David (the first surviving cadenza to, Op. 61), Louis Spohr , Eugène Ysaÿe , Camille Saint-Saëns, Henri Vieuxtemps , Jakob Dont and, for the first time, one by Henryk Wieniawski .
Commentaries (German/English) on the composers and on performance practice are included. The edition complements the new piano reduction BA 9019a and will be invaluable for all violinists studying Beethovens Violin Concerto.
- Indispensible for all violinists studying this masterpiece
- First publication of a cadenza by Wieniawski
- with notes on performance practice
- with an informative, detailed preface (Ger/Eng)
Frequently Asked Questions
How Quickly Will You Ship?
Most items are in stock and ship immediately. However, please look below the "Add to Cart" button for more specific information.
How Much is Shipping?
Our standard shipping is $4.99 and shipped by USPS First Class Mail. We also offer a 2-day option for $13.99 with FedEx/UPS.