Mozart: Il re pastore, K. 208
In stock and typically ships within 1 business day.
- Composer: Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
- Editors: Pierluigi Petrobelli, Wolfgang Rehm
- Translator: Peter Brenner
- Piano reduction: Eugen Epplée
- Format: Vocal Score
- Instrumentation (this edition): Piano Reduction, Soprano, Tenor, Mixed Choir
- Originally for: Soprano, Orchestra, Tenor, Mixed Choir
- Work: Il re pastore (Serenade in two acts), K. 208
- Work Languages: German, Italian
- ISMN: 9790006507153
- Size: 7.5 x 10.6 inches
- Pages: 259
- Urtext / Critical Edition
Immediately after the Munich premiere of his opera La finta giardiniera on 13 January 1775, Mozart was commissioned by Archbishop Hieronymus Count Colloredo to write a new stage work on a libretto by Pietro Metastasio. ln ll re pastore he chose a subject that praised all the virtues of Habsburg policy and was especially suited to accompany the official visit to Salzburg of Archduke Maximilian. The opera was premiered at the Prince-Bishop's Salzburg residence on 23 April 1775, conducted by the composer. At once lively and full of feeling, Mozart's music and the unusually colorful orchestration of the arias turn this serenata into a feast for the senses. This vocal score is based on the Urtext from the New Mozart Edition.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Quickly Will You Ship?
Most items are in stock and ship immediately. However, please look below the "Add to Cart" button for more specific information.
How Much is Shipping?
Our standard shipping is $4.99 and shipped by USPS First Class Mail. We also offer a 2-day option for $13.99 with FedEx/UPS.