Liszt: Piano Pieces from the Years 1880–1885
In stock and typically ships within 1 business day.
- Composer: Franz Liszt
- Editor: Michael Kube
- Instrumentation: Piano
- ISMN: 9790006561599
- Size: 9.6 x 12.2 inches
- Pages: 38
- Urtext / Critical Edition
The significance of Liszt's late piano pieces has been the subject of much debate. On the one hand they are considered heralds of the elderly Liszt's waning inspiration; on the other hand, they are praised as being visionary pieces on the basis of their radical simplicity as well as bold harmonic language. This edition gathers together some of the pieces most revealing of Liszt's late style. As they are of moderate difficulty, they are also particularly suited for piano lessons. The editor has consulted previously neglected sources and describes the genesis and source tradition of the pieces in the Foreword. The Critical Commentary provides information on alternative readings and editorial decisions. An elegant engraving, practical page turns and valuable performance suggestions by the acclaimed pianist Steffen Schleiermacher make this long-overdue new scholarly edition indispensable for pianists.
- Romance oubliée, S. 527, LW A299
- Wiegenlied (Chant du berceau), S. 198, LW A303
- Unstern (Sinistre), S. 208, LW A312
- La lugubre gondola (Die Trauer-Gondel), S. 200/1, LW A319a
- La lugubre gondola (Die Trauer-Gondel), S. 200/2, LW A319b
- R.W. - Venezia, S. 201, LW A320
- Am Grabe Richard Wagners, S. 202, LW A321
- Schlafos! Frage and Antwort, S. 203, LW A322
- Trübe Wolken (Nuages gris), S. 199, LW A305
- En rêve (Nocturne), S. 207, LW A336
Frequently Asked Questions
How Quickly Will You Ship?
Most items are in stock and ship immediately. However, please look below the "Add to Cart" button for more specific information.
How Much is Shipping?
Our standard shipping is $4.99 and shipped by USPS First Class Mail. We also offer a 2-day option for $13.99 with FedEx/UPS.